Davis scores 24, Houston beats BYU 76-62
- Minnesota hands No. 3 Ohio St. 1st loss
- Wofford stuns No. 17 UNC in Chapel Hill
- Mack triple-doubles, Huskers top Purdue
- Lawson sparks S. Carolina over Clemson
- Anei leads Oklahoma State past Houston
PROVO, Utah (AP) Corey Davis Jr. scored 18 of his 24 points in the second half, Cedrick Alley Jr. had 19 points, six rebounds and six assists, and Houston beat BYU 76-62 on Saturday.
Houston (4-0) pushed the lead into double digits for good with a 10-0 run early in the second half. BYU (5-2) had a 10-2 run to cut the deficit to 10, but Houston scored 11 straight for its largest lead at 76-55 with 2:59 left.
Breaon Brady added 17 points and seven rebounds for Houston, which took the lead for good at 29-28 and led 37-32 at halftime.
TJ Haws tied a career high with six 3-pointers and scored 25 to lead BYU. Yoeli Childs added 16 points and nine rebounds.
Houston had a 36-28 advantage on the glass and outscored BYU 32-18 in the paint.
Updated November 24, 2018