Abilene Christian tops McNeese 73-72 behind Ricks, Lewis
- Ga. Tech athletics off on Election Day
- NCAA sets new date for draft entrants
- Gamecocks' Martin to lead race committee
- UGa AD McGarity given 1-year extension
- Ex-NBA G Miller leaving Memphis staff
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) Payten Ricks hit five 3-pointers, scored 19 points and had six assists, Jaren Lewis added 15 points with five assists, and Abilene Christian held off McNeese 73-72 on Wednesday night for coach Joe Golding's 100th career win.
James Harvey's 3 with 11:41 to go put the Cowboys up 55-54, but the Wildcats led 71-67 on Franklin's free throw with 40 seconds left. Harvey's 3 cut it to 71-70, but Lewis's two from the line made it 73-70 with 16 seconds to go. McNeese closed to the final score on Kevin Hunt's layup with nine seconds left. The Wildcats' Joe Pleasant missed two free throws from there and Hunt's 3 at the buzzer missed.
Updated January 9, 2019