Giles, Bishop lead UMKC past Chicago State, 76-61
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
CHICAGO (AP) Jordan Giles had 17 points and nine rebounds as UMKC romped past Chicago State 76-61 on Saturday as the Cougars lost their 20th straight game.
Xavier Bishop added 16 points while dishing out six assists and Rob Whitfield added 13 for UMKC (11-20, 6-10 Western Athletic Conference), which had dropped four in-a-row before rolling over the Cougars.
Both teams will play in the WAC tournament which begins Thursday in Las Vegas. The top eight teams in the nine-team league advance to the tourney. Chicago State (3-28, 0-16) gains the final seed as California Baptist is not eligible as a first-year WAC member.
Anthony Harris had 15 points and Cameron Bowles added 13 with six rebounds for Chicago State.
Updated March 9, 2019