James carries Jacksonville over Southern Miss 66-51
- Purdue No. 1 in AP poll for first time
- 1-7 Texas Southern stuns No. 20 Florida
- Cockburn, free throws get Illini by Iowa
- No. 14 Houston extends home streak to 31
- New Mexico St. tops Lobos in OT thriller
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) Dontarius James had a career-high 21 points as Jacksonville defeated Southern Mississippi 66-51 on Saturday.
Bryce Workman had 11 points and seven rebounds for Jacksonville (2-0). Diante Wood added 11 points. Tyreese Davis had 10 points.
Tae Hardy had 15 points and seven rebounds for the Golden Eagles (0-1) in their season opener. Justin Johnson added 10 points. Tyler Stevenson had eight rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 28, 2020