Quinones scores 20 to lift Memphis past Tulane 80-74
- Purdue No. 1 in AP poll for first time
- 1-7 Texas Southern stuns No. 20 Florida
- Cockburn, free throws get Illini by Iowa
- No. 14 Houston extends home streak to 31
- New Mexico St. tops Lobos in OT thriller
NEW ORLEANS (AP) Lester Quinones had 20 points as Memphis beat Tulane 80-74 on Wednesday night.
It was the first American Athletic Conference game of the season for both teams.
D.J. Jeffries had 18 points and 11 rebounds for Memphis (5-3). Landers Nolley II added 16 points. DeAndre Williams had 10 points.
Gabe Watson had 18 points for the Green Wave (4-1), whose four-game season-opening win streak was snapped. Jordan Walker added 16 points. Jaylen Forbes had 15 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated December 16, 2020