Wallace scores 33 to carry UTSA past FIU 87-80
- Purdue No. 1 in AP poll for first time
- 1-7 Texas Southern stuns No. 20 Florida
- Cockburn, free throws get Illini by Iowa
- No. 14 Houston extends home streak to 31
- New Mexico St. tops Lobos in OT thriller
MIAMI (AP) Keaton Wallace had a season-high 33 points as UTSA snapped its eight-game road losing streak, beating Florida International 87-80 on Friday night.
Jhivvan Jackson had 22 points for UTSA (9-9, 5-6 Conference USA). Eric Parrish added eight rebounds. Cedrick Alley Jr. had nine rebounds.
Antonio Daye Jr. had 26 points for the Panthers (9-11, 2-9). Tevin Brewer added 17 points. Dimon Carrigan had 15 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated February 5, 2021