Williamson's run sends Loyola Chicago past Indiana St.
- Iowa voids Illini fan group ticket order
- Florida pulls away to upset No. 2 Vols
- Gillis hits 9 3s as No. 1 Purdue rolls
- No. 16 Xavier edges No. 17 Friars in OT
- Surging Marquette rallies past Villanova
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) Lucas Williamson scored 17 points and Marquise Kennedy scored 15 and Loyola Chicago won its ninth straight beating Indiana State 64-56 on Saturday.
The Ramblers (13-2, 4-0 Missouri Valley Conference) are off to their best start in conference action since the 2001-02 season.
Down 45-44 with 9:40 left, Williamson went on his own 6-0 run with a layup, a 3-pointer and 1-for-2 shooting from the foul line and Loyola Chicago led the rest of the way. Braden Norris added 12 points for the Ramblers.
Cameron Henry scored 12 points for the Sycamores.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP- https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 15, 2022