Spencer scores 25 to lift Loyola (Md.) past American 78-73
- Rutgers knocks off No. 10 Indiana again
- No. 1 Houston grinds past Saint Mary's
- No. 3 Virginia beats FSU in ACC opener
- 'Bama blows 20-point lead but beats SDSU
- Mitchell, Filipowski lead Duke over BC
BALTIMORE (AP) — Cam Spencer had 25 points as Loyola (Md.) narrowly beat American 78-73 on Saturday.
Spencer hit 4 of 6 3-pointers.
Jaylin Andrews had 17 points for Loyola (Md.) (12-7, 6-2 Patriot League). Kenneth Jones added 10 points and seven assists. Milos Ilic had 10 points.
Connor Nelson scored a career-high 23 points for the Eagles (5-12, 1-4). Matt Rogers added 13 points. Stacy Beckton Jr. had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 23, 2022