Fiedler lifts Rice over Southern Miss 61-52 in C-USA tourney
- Turgeon steps down as Maryland coach
- Utah Valley stuns No. 12 BYU in OT
- No. 5 UCLA blows lead but beats Colorado
- Gillespie leads No. 6 Villanova by Penn
- No. 10 Arkansas rolls UCA to move to 7-0
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Max Fiedler recorded 16 points and 11 rebounds to lift Rice to a 61-52 win over Southern Mississippi in a first-round game of the Conference USA tournament on Tuesday night.
Fiedler buried 8 of 10-shot attempts. Chris Mullins and Travis Evee each scored 12 for Rice (14-12) and Quincy Olivari grabbed 10 rebounds.
DeAndre Pinckney had 14 points for the Golden Eagles (8-17), Tyler Stevenson scored 12 and Tae Hardy 11 with six rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 9, 2021