Alabama freshman Juwan Gary to miss season with knee injury
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
- Terry returns to Arizona as assistant
- Hoops Hall delaying enshrinement to 2021
- Report: Hurley accused ASU AD in scandal
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Alabama freshman forward Juwan Gary is expected to miss the season with a knee injury.
The school said in a statement Friday that Gary had successful surgery on his right knee Thursday and is expected to make a full recovery.
The four-star prospect is the Crimson Tide's second newcomer to go down with a preseason injury. Junior college forward James Rojas also sustained a knee injury and is expected to miss the season.
Gary was ranked by ESPN.com as the No. 64 player in his recruiting class and the 12th-best small forward.
He averaged 25 points last season at Liberty Heights High School in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Alabama is led by first-year coach Nate Oats.
Updated October 4, 2019