The Latest: West Coast Conference tourneys won't have fans
- Ex-Kentucky G Clarke, 19, dies in crash
- UNC lands Oklahoma grad transfer Manek
- Loyola Chicago star Krutwig turning pro
- Ex-Rutgers G Mathis headed to St. John's
- Ohio St. assistant Johnson joins Purdue
By The Associated Press
The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:
The West Coast Conference men's and women's basketball tournaments will be held without fans due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clark County in Nevada would have allowed a limited number of fans, but the conference decided it would be safer for athletes and staff with no one else in the arena.
The tournaments are March 4-9 at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
The WCC has played its postseason basketball in Las Vegas for 13 years, selling out every time.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/hub/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated February 24, 2021