Vanderbilt replaces Houston with visit from UConn in 2021
- Irish QB Coan's status unsure for Cincy
- No. 22 Auburn mum on starting QB for LSU
- Showdowns loom for Alabama, Georgia
- Police tracking leads in Utah CB death
- Washington St. WR stable after shooting
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Vanderbilt will host UConn on Oct. 2, 2021, as a replacement for a previously announced game with Houston.
The game announced Wednesday will be the first between the Southeastern Conference program and UConn since 2011 when the Commodores needed a fourth-quarter comeback to beat the Huskies 24-21. Vanderbilt leads the series all-time 2-1.
Vanderbilt also will host East Tennessee State and Stanford as part of its nonconference schedule in 2021.
UConn also announced a home-and-home series with Georgia State in 2023 and 2024.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 22, 2020