|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Vela, LAFC set offensive records in 3-1 win over Colorado
European Football Headlines
- Norwich City-Chelsea Preview
- Arsenal-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Southampton-Manchester United Preview
- Leicester City-Bournemouth Preview
- Chelsea-Sheffield United Preview
- West Ham United-Norwich City Preview
- Burnley-Liverpool Preview
- Crystal Palace-Aston Villa Preview
- Manchester City-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Newcastle United-Watford Preview
LOS ANGELES (AP) Carlos Vela hat a hat trick to break the MLS season goals record with 34 and help the Los Angeles FC beat the Colorado Rapids 3-1 on Sunday in the regular-season finale.
Vela broke the mark of 31 set last year by Atlanta United's Josef Martinez.
Los Angeles (21-4-9) set an MLS record for season points with 72, breaking the mark of 71 set last year by the New York Red Bulls. Los Angeles earned the top seed in the Western Conference and a first-round bye to the playoffs.
Colorado (12-16-6) entered the match within three points of the playoff line after a 3-0 victory over Dallas last week. The Rapids ended the season by winning five of their last seven games.
Vela scored in the 28th and 31st minutes, Kei Kamara countered for Colorado in the 40th and Vela connected again in the 51st.
Updated October 6, 2019