Matt Kemp put on IL by Reds because of broken rib
- MLB plan saves big-spending teams $100M
- A's admit mistake, to pay minor leaguers
- Players slam teams for depriving America
- Angels to pay minor leaguers thru June
- MLBPA reaffirms pay stance, gap remains
CINCINNATI (AP) All-Star outfielder Matt Kemp has been put on the 10-day injured list by the Cincinnati Reds because of a broken left rib, a move retroactive to Monday.
Kemp was hurt when he crashed into an outfield wall Sunday.
"I fought the wall and the wall won - as it usually does," Kemp said Tuesday. "The wall is undefeated."
Kemp is batting .200 with one home run and five RBIs in 20 games.
Cincinnati recalled outfielder Phillip Ervin from Triple-A Louisville.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 23, 2019